I think it's funny how a lot of us complain about how busy we are, and how much we hate it, until we are actually granted a block of free time then don't know what to even do with ourselves. Should we lie in bed all day? Should we be productive and get the work done around the house?
Today is my free day and I began it by allowing myself to wake up without any alarm clock. I woke up at 11:15, later than normal, and felt great! Even over spring break I was setting an alarm and getting myself out the door. I then made a list of possible things that would make me happy to do over the day. This was wasn't made to be wasted, it was made to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest! I have one free Saturday with absolutely no obligations and that probably won't happen again until May 10th, the day after my final exams are over.
I started the day by taking an hour to strap on my bikini and lay out by the pool. It was about 75 degrees with no clouds, the perfect weather. Then Sam and I took a stroll around campus, stopping at the river which had been dyed green for St. Patricks day (the annual tradition). I hadn't even bothered to go look at it last year. There were boats in the water full of people, and even more by the waterline who had just come to look at the water.
Now it's about mid-day, almost 3:00p.m. and I am feeling like this day holds endless possibilities. I could do ANYTHING I want, but not everything, so it is time to choose wisely. What would I do if it were my last day? How would I act if it were? I think everyone needs to schedule an open day, about once a month. People like me are constantly making plans, and schedules and overbooking themselves so they never have the feeling of the possibility of open time. People like me are constantly looking into the future and thinking, the future will be good, and not enjoying what is happening now. Not today! Seize the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment